Boating on Lake Helen
Lake Helen Boating Rules
- Lake Helen is under a Slow-No-Wake restriction beginning promptly at 4 pm and ending at 10 am.
Boaters should observe the “Slow-no-wake” rule anywhere on the lake during these hours. Please share this regulation with your boating guests.
- DNR rules require that boats maintain a Slow-No-Wake status within 100' of the shoreline, swimmers and other boats on the lake.
- Special rules apply to personal watercraft, which are required to operate at Slow-No-Wake speed within 200' of the shoreline and within 100' of swimmers, docks, rafts, and other boats.
- All watercraft are required to maintain a 100' distance when repeatedly circling another vessel or swimmer.
- “Slow, No Wake Speed” means a speed at which a vessel moves as slowly as possible while still maintaining steerage control.
- A complete set of Boating Regulations are posted in the Park near the boat launch.
- Official Wisconsin regulations can be found at: www.dnr.wi.gov
- Wisconsin BOAT SAFETY tips can be found at
Volunteers have been trained to work at the boat launch to remind boat owners to: